Below please find news stories covering Jihadi activity in North America over the past several days…
1. The Christian Science Monitor has published an in-depth series on Jihadist activity specifically pertaining to the Islamic State this week. There are 3 interesting articles worth reading in the series:
• Eight faces of ISIS in America
These are the stories of a few of the 58 men and women arrested in the United States so far this year on charges of providing material support or other assistance to the Jihadist Islamic State group…
• ISIS in America: how doomsday Muslim cult is turning kids against parents
So far, 58 Americans have been arrested in 2015 for plotting violence or attempting to join the so-called Islamic State in Syria. More than half are under 25, and experts say recruits are getting younger.
• One Virginia teen’s journey from ISIS rock star to incarceration
Virginia honors student Ali Shukri Amin’s radicalization through his prolific use of social media represents a cautionary tale for American teenagers and their parents.
2. Illinois man accused of trying to join Islamic State may face trial
Mohammed Hamzah Khan, 20, of the Chicago suburb of Bolingbrook is charged with trying to provide material support to Islamic State militants after he tried to travel with his two younger siblings to the Middle East to join the group.
3. Ex-University of Texas student gets 10 years in prison for aiding terrorists
More than a year after he pleaded guilty to a charge of aiding overseas terrorists, Rahatul Ashikim Khan, a former University of Texas student, was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison.
Khan, 24, became the second of two young men convicted in Austin of the rare federal offense after admitting he connected an undercover agent with co-conspirators recruiting jihadi fighters to Somalia. His plea in July followed that of Michael Todd Wolfe, a Houston native, who confessed he had plans to travel to Syria to engage in jihad himself.
4. Revealed, AMERICAN jihadi is ‘top ISIS commander’: Yazidi slave reveals that she was beaten and held captive by US citizen who directs attacks and keeps vial of poison to kill himself if he is caught
A Yazidi slave girl has claimed the high-ranking ISIS commander who held her prisoner was a white American who directed the terror group’s attacks and received personal letters from its leader.
5. Imam told Portland Seven that combat against U.S. was ‘legitimate jihad,’ court papers say
The imam of Portland’s biggest mosque collected money from worshippers after 9/11, sending the Portland Seven to Afghanistan to fight against coalition forces, the U.S. Department of Justice alleges in its fight to deport the imam.
6. Congress Claims US Has Failed to Stop Americans from Joining ISIL’s Jihad
The US has failed to stop Americans from traveling abroad to enlist as Islamic State militants, according to a bipartisan congressional task force.
7. MAN ORDERED OUT OF COURTROOM AFTER OUTBURSTS IN TERRORISM CASE
A man accused of being a terrorist had to be removed from a federal courtroom Tuesday morning following outbursts.
Basit Sheikh was arrested at Raleigh Durham International Airport on November 2, 2013 trying to board a plane for Lebanon.
Sheikh is charged with providing material support to a terrorist group. Prosecutors say he tried to join a militant group linked to al-Qaida.