At what point does Obama’s so-called “jayvee” become enough of a threat to mobilize action to put them down?
At what point does Obama’s so-called “jayvee” become enough of a threat to mobilize action to put them down?
By Christopher Holton
• Hezbollah has a major presence in North, Central and South America.
• Hezbollah is embedded in the Lebanese Muslim community in the US and enjoys protection from a neighborhood watch-type program that serves as a countersurveillance and counterintelligence operation. They also are embedded in multiple Shia mosques, some of which are directly tied to the Iranian regime.
• In 2003, then-CIA director George Tenet testified before Congress that 12 Hezbollah cells has been identified as operating in the US conducting surveillance.
• A Congressional Research Service report published in 2011 indicated that Hezbollah was present in 15 US cities, including Houston and Nashville.
• Hezbollah’s activities in the US primarily center around drug trafficking and criminal schemes and scams.
• In Operation Smokescreen from 1995-2002, a Hezbollah cell in North Carolina that was bootlegging cigarettes to raise money was broken up. This was detailed in the excellent book, “Lightning Out of Lebanon.”
• In Operation Tobacco Road, 16 Muslim in the US were indicted for trafficking bootleg cigarettes in Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and New York. The proceeds are believed to have gone to Hezbollah and/or HAMAS.
• In 2011, 70 car dealerships in Florida and elsewhere were uncovered laundering cars for sale in West Africa to raise money for Hezbollah.
• Hezbollah has two major networks operating in Latin America:
1. The Hojjat al-Eslam Mohsen Rabbani Network
2. The Ghazi Atef Salameh Nassereddine Network
• Rabbani is an Iranian diplomatic official who was formerly the cultural attache’ to Argentina when Hezbollah attacked two Jewish targets there in 1992 and 1994. He is wanted on an Interpol Red Notice.
• Nassereddine was born in Lebanon, became a Venezuelan citizen in 2000-2001 and became Venezuela’s number 2 diplomat to Syria.
• Hezbollah’s Rabbani network operates in Brazil and Venezuela and is linked to the Sinaloa Cartel and has been identified as operating cocaine labs and providing security for drug operations.
• Former DEA Operations Chief, Michael Braun, has testified about Hezbollah’s extensive operations in Latin America:
–Hezbollah has exploited America’s porous southern border for years.
–Hezbollah has close relations with Mexican cartels.
• Argentine prosecutor Alberto Nisman detailed Hezbollah’s Latin American operations in his indictment of Iranian officials for the 1992 and 1994 Buenos Aires bombings:
–9 Latin American countries have Hezbollah deeply embedded.
–The origin of Hezbollah’s presence in Latin America was the heavy emigration out of Lebanon from 1975-1990.
–Hezbollah initially set up operations in the lawless “Tri-border” area where Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay come together.
• Hezbollah has a particularly heavy presence in Venezuela, especially on Margarita Island, where Hezbollah operates a training camp and has banking assets.
• Hezbollah operates in Mexico and has relations with the Los Zetas cartel.
• In Mexico, Hezbollah’s operations include drug and human trafficking and providing explosives and tunneling training for the cartels. Hezbollah originally provided explosives training to Al Qaeda in Sudan in the 1990s and they have extensive experience in tunneling operations on the Lebanon-Israel border.
• In July 2010, acting on intelligence provided by the US, Mexican authorities arrested a Hezbollah operative in Tijuana.
• The two main north-south routes for Hezbollah trafficking operations are I-35 and Highway 59.
• US LE and Border Patrol have reported an increase in detainees with Farsi language tattoos and Hezbollah imagery on tattoos in recent years.
• It has become increasingly common for Muslims in Mexico to change their Islamic surnames to Hispanic sounding names to facilitate moving across the border. Apologists claim this is simply to avoid discrimination.
• Cartels have been involved in trafficking Al Qaeda, Al Shabaab and Hezbollah operatives into the US.
• From 2008-2010, an estimated 180,000 OTMs (Other Than Mexicans) were believed to have crossed the border illegaly.
• In that same period, 1,918 “Special Interest” OTMs were apprehended on the border. “Special Interest” means they originated from nations of terrorism concern, such as Middle Eastern Islamic nations.
• In January 2011, a Farsi language book was found on the border in Arizona. It was named “In Memory of Our Martyrs.” It was an anthology of Jihadis killed in martyrdom operations.
• In April 2005, then-FBI director Robert Mueller reported that Hezbollah was involved in human trafficking on the southern border.
• In July of 2012, six Special Interest aliens from Afghanistan, Iraq and Yemen were arrested in Laredo, TX. Each had 60,000 Iraqi dinars.
Information on general enforcement conditions on the Mexican border:
• There are constraints on border control. The Border Patrol is forbidden from patrolling on federal land. The Border Patrol reports receiving instructions to avoid detaining and processing illegal aliens.
• The majority of border crossers are NOT economic immigrants.
• Cartels are buying real estate on both sides of the border to set up staging areas and camps.
• The cartels employ high-tech comm gear superior to that in the hands of US LE.
• Cartels and coyotes employ scouts and snipers on the high ground along trafficking routes.
• The Mexican army has in fact provided surveillance and cover fire FOR traffickers on more than one occasion.
• Arizona ranchers are afraid to use their cell phones in the open because cartel snipers might think they are calling in reports to LE and kill them. Even US LE are careful about using comm gear in the open on the southern border. It is believed that the cartels have snipers and scouts in the high ground all the way to Phoenix.
• In 2010, an indictment in San Antonio involved the human smuggling of 100 or more Al Shabaab members from Somalia.
In short, the border is not secure, not at all. Any politician that says otherwise is LYING. In significant portions of the border, for much of the day/night, the border is completely controlled by cartels who have known ties to Jihadis, such as Hezbollah.
One characteristic of the 1980s insurgency waged against the Soviet Army in Afghanistan was the fact that Jihadis from around the Islamic world gravitated there and then made their way back to their native countries, where they often continued to wage Jihad.
We’re now seeing the same phenomenon in Syria. The difference today is that more of the Jihadis are from Western nations, including America.
In other words, bloodthirsty Jihadis with combat training and experience gained in Syria are walking the streets of America.
U.S. intelligence reports estimate that as many as 100 American Jihadis went to war in Syria. As many as a dozen have already made their way home and have disappeared into the American landscape, out of view of US intelligence and law enforcement agencies.
The problem is even bigger for other Western nations. It is believed that some 3,000 Jihadis from Western non-Muslim nations fought in Syria.
It seems that, while the NSA has the ability to mine our cell phone records, they don’t seem capable of keeping track of American Jihadis traveling to and from a war zone where they will gain lethal skills that threaten American lives…
Fuad Mohamed Khalaf, also known as Fuad Shongole, one of the Somali Jihadist terror group Al Shabaab’s leaders, issued a threat to the United States this week, proclaiming that holy war will come to America and that Islam’s flag will one day fly over Washington.
Khalaf, who has a $5 million U.S. bounty on his head as part of the US Rewards for Justice program, said that that Al Shabaab would bring jihad to Kenya and Uganda “and afterward, with God’s will, to America.”
Al Shabaab has already previously carried out attacks in Kenya and Uganda.
This is not a threat to be taken lightly. Al Shabaab has a cadre of support among the Somali refugee community in the United States, particularly in parts of southern California, Maine, Minnesota and Tennessee. There have been multiple convictions of Somalis in the US for material support of terrorism for recruiting and raising funds for Al Shabaab.
In addition, Abu Mansoor Al-Amriki joined Al Shabaab after growing up in Daphne, Alabama and serving a president of the Muslim Students Association at the University of South Alabama in Mobile.
Al Shabaab has the personnel and the motivation to wage jihad in the US and we have ample evidence of what happens when we ignore a Jihadist threat metastasizing in a Third World failed nation…
Another chilling, but indispensable, video from MEMRI.
The only way to describe this video is “monstrous.” This mindset that comes from centuries-old doctrine displayed in this video demonstrates how embedded Jihad is. Keep in mind that this video was made in Great Britain. Not Nigeria. Not Libya. Not Egypt. Not Pakistan. BRITAIN.
The woman mentioned in the video, Aafia Siddiqui, is a convicted Jihadist terrorist from Pakistan who attended the University of Houston and MIT obtained a PhD from Brandeis University in 2001. Yes BRANDEIS! Like so many Jihadis, she was active in the Muslim Students Association (MSA), the oldest Muslim Brotherhood organization in the US.
She worked directly for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed of Al Qaeda and was captured by US forces in Afghanistan. She tried to kill a US Army captain while undergoing questioning.
She was convicted of terrorism charges and will spend the next 86 years in US federal prison in Fort Worth, Texas.
Siddiqui was neither uneducated nor impoverished. Quite to the contrary, like many Jihadis, she gave up a comfortable life to wage Jihad for Al Qaeda. She even gave up her own children.
This should serve as a reminder of the dangers we face from Jihad here in the West. Any woman who would justify and glorify the kidnapping of innocent girls and praise their conversion to Islam, can only be described as an animal and should be treated as such.
Anyone who doesn’t realize that Hezbollah is a Jihadist organization with global reach hasn’t been paying attention.
There are too many Americans in particular who have come to view Hezbollah as strictly an organization limited to operations in Lebanon.
That just isn’t true. In fact, there can be no doubt that Hezbollah has operatives here in America, perhaps many of them. And we know that Hezbollah has supporters, including financial supporters, here in the USA.
But the latest story involving a Jihadist plot by Hezbollah comes from Thailand, a popular tourist destination for Israelis and other Westerners–and a country that is contending with an Jihadist insurgency of its own.
Thai authorities arrested two Hezbollah members who evidently confessed to a bomb plot targeting Israeli tourists.
The two Jihadis were identified as Daoud Farhat, a French-Lebanese national, and Youssef Ayad, who is of Lebanese-Filipino extraction.
Farhat held a French passport and Ayad carried a Philippines passport. Their passports indicated that both were born in Lebanon, but it is not yet certain that the passports are genuine.
Farhat was in Thailand for the first time, but Ayad has visited Thailand 17 times.
Thai investigators believe at least nine suspected foreign terrorists connected to Hezbollah are somewhere in Thailand and that one other possible co-conspirator may have already fled Thailand. One of the other suspects is said to be named Bilal Bahsoun.
More details are available at the counter terror site, stop910.com:
There is an unfortunate tendency in the West to downplay the threat from Jihad. This is especially true when the acts of Jihad occur in the Third World and especially when the victims are non-white and poor.
This week has provided us with prime examples of this in Nigeria, where Boko Haram has continued its Jihadist terror with horrific attacks which have been little more than an afterthought in US and other Western media. For instance, on one of the news aggregator services we frequently check, Newsnow.co.uk, the terrorist attacks in Nigeria don’t even rate a mention among the 31 “Hot Topics” that are listed. Violence in Central Africa makes the list, where Christians have been fighting back aggressively against Jihad. But Nigeria, where Boko Haram has made a national sport of killing non-Muslims, is not considered important or “hot.”
So what exactly happened in Nigeria this week that the media are ignoring?
On Monday, the 14th of April, two bombs set off by Boko Haram at a busy commuter bus station in the capital of Abuja killed 72 and wounded 133 civilians. As many as 40 buses were destroyed in the attack. It is actually a miracle that more people were not killed.
This is the kind of attack that, had it happened in Europe or the USA, would have absolutely dominated the news for days afterwards. But because it happened in Nigeria, no one is really paying all that much attention. Given that Easter approaches this Sunday, there is the frightening proposition that more attacks could occur. That’s exactly what happened two years ago on Easter, as we reported here:
Unfortunately, Boko Haram’s Jihadist attacks did not end this week with the bombing of the bus station.
On Tuesday, Boko Haram Jihadist terrorists, posing as soldiers, kidnapped 129 young girls from a school in Chibok, Nigeria. Late Thursday, a military spokesman claimed that most of the girls had been freed, but it now appears that this is not the case. 115 girls are still missing, heading into the Easter weekend during which the Jihadists have demonstrated a tendency to commit atrocities.
The name Boko Haram roughly translates as “Western education is forbidden” and the terrorist group has repeatedly attacked schools and universities over the years. It is also possible that one or both of the attacks were the work of Ansaru, an offshoot of Boko Haram, though given that Ansaru members have been known to return to Boko Haram, it isn’t entirely clear that the two organizations operate completely independently of one another. Ansaru is also known as Vanguard for the Protection of Muslims in Black Lands.
72 killed, 133 wounded, 129 young schoolgirls kidnapped, all since Monday…had this happened in Europe or the US, it would have stopped all activity. But it’s Africa, so it’s hardly worth mentioning…except we have seen from Afghanistan and Sudan what happens when you let Jihadists metastasize in the Third World…
Two North Carolina Muslim converts were arrested on terrorism charges this week:
Authorities said in court documents that Akbar Jihad Jordan and Avin Marsalis Brown planned to travel to Syria and Yemen to fight for Islam.
Brown was arrested Wednesday at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, and he told investigators that he planned to fly to Turkey and then travel to Syria, according to court records.
Brown and Jordan, a 2011 Millbrook High School graduate, began talking last May about going overseas to engage in jihad.
The pair planned to use a charity as a cover for their travels, saying the government would have a hard time making a terrorism case against them if they argued they were on a charitable mission overseas, according to court records.
These two were proselytized, then recruited to Jihad. They didn’t brew up this scheme on their own. This is so similar to what happened to Carlos Bledsoe in Tennessee before he traveled to Yemen and came back to wage Jihad in Nashville and Little Rock.
There are active Jihadi recruiting operations going on in the US…
This is a call that should be taken seriously. Car bombs are not particularly difficult to construct and, in crowded metropolitan areas, are difficult for police to detect ahead of time.
Car bombs have been used extensively for decades in Third World nations. The main obstacle here in the US is getting explosive material and detonation items. We saw with the attempted Times Square bombing a few years ago that this is not easy or straightforward. That car bomb fizzled due to technical mistakes made in its construction.
But we can’t depend on being lucky every time like we were in Times Square. If the Jihadis can build car bombs in places like Somalia, Yemen, Lebanon and Thailand, they can build them here.
Furthermore, the fact that Inspire is making this specific call should be treated as essentially a signal, a directive if you will, to Jihadis. History shows that one or a few will act on this call.
Where and, especially, when, is anyone’s guess. The Inspire article mentions New York, Washington, DC, northern Virginia, Chicago, Los Angeles. It mentions landmarks and sports stadiums as suitable targets, as well as major business facilities. The article also mentions the UK and France as targets for car bombs.
In the wake of this, don’t be surprised to see very strict enforcement of traffic and parking laws and regulations by US law enforcement–and don’t complain about it.
Andrew McCarthy makes a convincing case here. Let me state for the record that I think the NSA program is wrong, for the very reason that McCarthy states.
Before anyone goes dismissing McCarthy, keep in mind that he is the guy who convicted the Blind Skeikh, Omar Abdel-Rahman, in the 1993 conspiracy to bomb the World Trade Center. McCarthy was figuring out the whole Jihad thing and going after the Jihadists years before 9/11. It was McCarthy who realized that the Jihadists, like Abdel-Rahman, were not a lunatic fringe in Islam, but actual orthodox followers of Islamic doctrine based on the Islamic trilogy–the Quran, the Hadith and the Sirah, which make up the basis of Shariah (the enemy threat doctrine).
The reason that the NSA is taking the wrong approach is directly related to the absurd way in which our elected and appointed officials have chosen to prosecute the war effort in defending us against the global Jihadist insurgency. Because we won’t identify the enemy–the State Department and CIA both forbid the use of the term “Jihad” for example–the fallback position of our bloated, bureaucratic counterterrorism apparatus is to declare EVERYONE equally suspicious. He who defends everything, defends nothing. It’s not particularly surprising that there is no firm evidence that the NSA metadata mining program was even remotely useful in preventing the Boston marathon bombing, the Fort Hood shooting massacre or the Little Rock, Arkansas Jihadi assassination of a US Army soldier–all of which could have been, and should have been, prevented by proper use of actionable intelligence…I must also confess that I am suspicious of both Rand Paul and Ken Cuccinelli. I myself have heard/seen Rand Paul say that a nuclear Iran is not a threat to US national security and Cuccinelli was directly responsible for killing American Laws for American Courts legislation in Virginia…
|Newsletter #147… on The Muslim Brotherhood’s…|
|Black convert to Isl… on Oklahoma Beheader Tied to CAIR…|
|Oklahoma Beheader Ti… on CAIR’s New Disinformatio…|
|HUFFMAN on A Couple of Random Thoughts on…|
|lburt on A Couple of Random Thoughts on…|