Wikileaks has revealed a US report on Guantanamo terrorist prisoners called the “Matrix of Threat Indicators for Enemy Combatants.”
You will see this document written up in dozens of articles in the media and the blogosphere over the next few days.
We wanted to call attention to one list that has come out of that report: a list of foreign mosques and Islamic centers that are used to recruit and train Jihadis. Note that this list does not include mosques here in the US which, beyond a shadow of a doubt, are also centers for Jihad recruitment. This list is not meant to be exhaustive, but it does purport to be the largest centers of Jihadi activity.
This should serve as a stark warning for those among us who still insist that Jihadist organizations like Al Qaeda and their followers are not embedded in religion…
• Al Sunnah Al Nabawiah Mosque Montreal, Canada
• Abu Bakr Islamic University Karachi, Pakistan
• Makki Mosque Karachi, Pakistan
• Al Khair Mosque Sanaa, Yemen
• Dimaj Institute in Sadah, Yemen
• Finsbury Park Mosque Great Britain
• Four Feathers Youth Club Great Britain
• Laennec Mosque Lyon, France
• Islamic Cultural Institute Milan, Italy
• Wazir Akbar Khan Mosque Kabul, Afghanistan
Mosques in places like Pakistan and Yemen certainly come as no surprise. The ones in Great Britain, France, Italy and Canada are much more worrisome for those of us who live in the West. It might also be noted that no Saudi mosques or Islamic centers are mentioned, no doubt due to a lack of intelligence. There is certainly no shortage of Saudi Jihadis in the world and they had to be recruited somewhere…